Book Promo Banner
Back neck to waist adjustment

Back neck to waist adjustment

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Back neck to waist adjustment

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    janw
    Participant

I’m making a knit jersey dress. I’ve measured myself and found the right size pattern to cut out but my back neck to waist measurement is about 4” shorter than the pattern. (Short body long legs)
    How do I adjust the pattern to account for this back/ neck measurement please? Thanks

professorpincushion
    Participant

Sorry for the delay in response. I’m assuming the bodice section and skirt section of the pattern is a single piece and not two separate pieces. If the dress is fitted, look on the pattern and see if there’s a line indicating the waistline (there should be) and fold on this line, then fold up however much you need to adjust. One side (the center front/back) is normally the straight edge, but you might have to do side seam line blending to give yourself a smooth line. It might be difficult because 4″ is quite a bit. Definitely make a muslin, at east of the bodice section to make sure it’s a good length for you. If the dress is really loose and not fitted, you can probably just take the 4″ off from the hemline and you’ll probably not notice the neck to waist measurement. Hope that helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.