Book Promo Banner
Altering ***Increasing waist on a dress pattern

Altering ***Increasing waist on a dress pattern

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Altering ***Increasing waist on a dress pattern

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

How do I alter a the waist only in a pattern….the dress front and back is all one pattern the bust and the hips are fine but the middle portion the waist is a 30 and I need a 36 overall its a size 16 dress. I have look at the videos and its all based off of increasing if you have a top piece of bottom piece but i have 1 pices please help I’m trying to make and wear for the weekend..thanks and be bless..Its the Newlook 0110 pattern Style C the red dress…and also does this pattern line run small…

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

hello, you can definitely do this but it’s not as simple and technical as what you’ve seen. Take your pattern and tape it to a piece of paper just like with the other demonstrations. As with the other examples, you’ll take your increase and divide it by 4. At the waistline on the pattern, (there should be a mark on the pattern on where this is), you’re going to mark on your paper that increase (which was divided by 4) on the side seam side. Now you just blend a line from the original pattern to the new waistline and then blend it back to the hipline. So your pattern remains the same except for this side seam increase. I know you’re in a hurry, but I still recommend creating a muslin to test the fit so you can make sure it’s going to work. Good luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.