Book Promo Banner
Adjusting a Wrap Skirt Pattern

Adjusting a Wrap Skirt Pattern

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Adjusting a Wrap Skirt Pattern

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Hi..I have a wrap skirt pattern that also has numerous gores. I need to adjust the waist. Can you tell me how to do this? I’ve watched your video on how to alter a basic pattern, but this seems different with the gores and extra panels to wrap around the waist.

Thanks.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Are you using a particular pattern? If so, can you tell me what the pattern number is? I just want to see what the waistline looks like.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Yes, it’s Simplicity pattern # 1069.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

how much are you looking to increase the waist by? If it’s not a great deal, I would simply add to the skirt pattern pieces that end up on the edge of the finished skirt. With a wrap skirt like this, I think it’s a little easier to keep it simple. Let’s say you want to increase the waist by 2″. Take the pattern piece that goes on the end, on the end edge side, just draw a new line all the way down that’s 1″ out from the original line (if it’s going to be cut out twice, to give you a total of 2″). so instead of doing any pivoting at all, you’re just redrawing the side of the pattern to give you a little more room. This skirt basic in it’s shape, like most wrap skirts, and, therefore, more forgivable.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.