Book Promo Banner
Adjust a store bought dress.

Adjust a store bought dress.

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Adjust a store bought dress.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I find that sleeveless dresses always seem to show the bra under the arm, more on one side or the other. My elderly aunt has a dowers hump and also the bra showing not only under the arm, but you can see through to the shoulder. Can you please tell me how I can make adjustments to her clothing so these problems can be eliminated?

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

That does sound frustrating! This is a tricky problem to resolve but I do have one suggestion. Using our tutorial on how to create a pattern from simple tops, (https://www.professorpincushion.com/professorpincushion/how-to-create-patterns-from-existing-clothing-simple-tops/), you can take the dress, do a pattern outline of the bodice area and then add to the measurements to make it a little larger. This new bodice can be sewn underneath, giving a little more coverage and if you use a contrasting fabric, it might give the dress a cute, layered look. I don’t know if this solution would work for every dress but might be worth a shot.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Also, what happens if you take in the shoulder seam on that one side? That might be another idea.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.