Book Promo Banner
6695 Lace

6695 Lace

Home Page Forums Ask A Question 6695 Lace

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Hi There, P/P……….I enjoyed your M6695 video.   Found a couple nice laces….both are white, but quite different in pattern/texture.  Bought an ever-so-slightly off-white, semi-sheer crepe for the lining.  But I found the ‘wrong side’ of the lining to have a very interesting, subtle, irridescent effect beneath the lace and I’m going to give it a go.

My question is how to best wrestle with delicate lace.   It’s stretchy, curls on the edges, won’t sit still on the cutting table and generally exhibits delinquent behavior.  After pre washing/drying it took me an hour to iron out the edges and was not completely successful.  I’m wondering how you tame this stuff??  I’m really wondering if it will hate my machine as much as it apparently does me?   Perhaps it’s just patience and practice?   I’m going to do the A dress and make it somewhat longer.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I understand the frustration. Try pinning your fabric to tissue paper, that’ll keep it flat so you can cut out all your pieces. After your pieces are cut out, you can keep the tissue paper pinned to your pieces, because it’ll help when you’re also sewing the pieces together. You’ll also be sewing through the tissue paper as well. After you’re done stitching, you can just rip the tissue paper out. I’ve used this trick before and it works great. good luck and I can’t wait to see how this one turns out! 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.