Book Promo Banner

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Professor Pincushion,
    I started sewing about a year ago and I am still considering myself a beginner. I have learned so much about sewing from your website, but something I still hesitate about is more around the area of sewing machines. I am only 13 years old so I cant raise a ton of money to buy myself a sewing machine. I was just going to ask for a machine for Christmas, but the problem is I do not know what machine to ask for! I wanted a machine with monogramming and a lot of different stiches. Right now I just have a basic sewing machine. I like my sewing machine, but it was just bought for me to learn because my parents did not know how much I would like sewing. Sewing has become one of my biggest hobbies! I love it and someday I thought about making a career about sewing. My question to you is ” What is your recommended sewing machine for me?!” I wanted to start sewing garments and all kinds of things. The biggest problem I have about this subject is the price!! The machines I would love to have are crazy expensive to me. So, I need something leaning towards the cheaper side like $150.00 the most??? I will apologize about this message being so long. I just wanted you to know of more what I was looking for and It is getting pretty close to Christmas. Please help! Thank You!!!!

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

yes, you can do monogramming by hand. Draw an outline of the letter (or shape) you want and do a hand satin stitch to fill it in. You can see an example here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eTurIxJlFg You’ll also see in this tutorial that some sewing machines can also do their own satin stitch but it takes a lot of practice to do monogramming with it. 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.