Book Promo Banner
Reply To: Simplicity 1873 Dress A

Reply To: Simplicity 1873 Dress A

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Simplicity 1873 Dress A Reply To: Simplicity 1873 Dress A

the_professors_assistant
Keymaster

Sweet.  Ok, the next few steps is your going to take your front and back bodice pieces and sew them together at the shoulder seams and side seams.  Then just do  exact same steps 1 & 2 for your lining bodice pieces.  Once the lining is done, fold up the bottom edge of the lining bodice (right side of fabric to wrong side of fabric 5/8″.  Press this to create a crease at the bottom of your lining.  Trim fold to 1/4″.  Take lining and fit it over your main (outer shell) fabric, right sides together.  Match the neckline.  They’re exactly the same so they should match perfectly.  Stitch your normal seam allowance here, attaching your lining to the main fabric.  The seam allowance at the neckline should be trimmed and notches clipped so it’ll lie flat when turned right side out.  Watch our tutorial on understitching for step 4.  I used facing in my example but we’ll just pretend it’s lining.  Let me know when you’re done and we’ll move on.