Book Promo Banner
Reply To: Pleat Underlay – sewing Simplicity patter 9823

Reply To: Pleat Underlay – sewing Simplicity patter 9823

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Pleat Underlay – sewing Simplicity patter 9823 Reply To: Pleat Underlay – sewing Simplicity patter 9823

the_professors_assistant
Keymaster

Hi PP 🙂
I contacted Simplicity who said ‘Pattern 9823 is discontinued; unfortunately we only keep discontinued patterns for two years. Since this is a discontinued pattern I am unable to view it and therefore cannot supply you with the information you request. ‘
I’ve uploaded a picture of the relevant page from the pattern instructions – the picture in step 4 shows how the pleat underlay is secured at the waist, and around the pleat, but the top third of the underlay is not attached.
Also, I really don’t understand what the picture in the circle is requiring…
I feel a bit embarassed as it’s a ‘simplicity’ pattern and just a basic skirt…! That said, I’ve almost finished the skirt (top part of underlay loose beneath the skirt and all) and really like it – it has a nice pencil skirt shape, but the pleat underlay gives me the ability to move freely in a way that an open split wouldn’t. I will definitely make it again. Any advice you can give me on how to improve the underlay part would be great. If it’s supposed to be loose at the top I can absolutely live with that.
Thanks for listening 🙂