Book Promo Banner
Reply To: Butterick 5880

Reply To: Butterick 5880

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Butterick 5880 Reply To: Butterick 5880

the_professors_assistant
Keymaster

Thank you so much for your response. I was unclear. I am altering the paper pattern, no fabric has been sacrificed just yet. 🙂 I was hoping to shorten the overlay, and the rest of the dress, before cutting it out. Starting at 6 inches up on the side seam, then I have to redraw the curve of the overlay but I am not sure where I should make it blend back to the paper pattern’s original line. Does that make since? I am pretty sure that shortening the entire curve by 6 inches (the seam allowance you mentioned at the bottom overlay) would distort the overlay.

Also, If you’d like to tackle another paper pattern alteration problem i have one more. I have started my Full bust alteration on the bodice. And those side darts are in odd places. Once I draw my FBA lines, the line from the apex to the side seam cuts across the darts severely distorting them and also is at a vastly different angle. After I have finished the FBA I cannot for the life of me figure out where to re-draw the two darts, making them bigger including the new side darts intake made from the FBA. I hope that made since too.

Thank you again,
Alina