Book Promo Banner
Reply To: Simplicity Pattern 2178 Modified

Reply To: Simplicity Pattern 2178 Modified

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Simplicity Pattern 2178 Modified Reply To: Simplicity Pattern 2178 Modified

the_professors_assistant
Keymaster

I haven’t made this pattern. Is your bodice pattern piece different because it’s a full front and back instead of a half front (or back) like mine? That’s still ok. You’ll still be making the adjustments on the side seam areas. My example has a side seam on one side and then a center front (or back) on the other side because my half bodices are symmetrical. Because your bodice is not symmetrical, I’m guessing that you have a side seam on each side, the center front being in the middle of the pattern. You can still use the same pivot method, you just have to pivot on each side of the front bodice and each side of the back. So you’ll be pivoting a total of 4 times on the bodice pattern. If you want to increase your bodice area, for example, by 3″ total inches you’ll still divide by 4. So that’s 3/4″ for each side seam. Pin and outline you pattern to your worksheet. Pivot the left side of the bodice area by 3/4″ just like in my tutorial. After you finish, return the pattern to its original position. Then, do the same thing on the right side of the pattern. You’ll do the same thing with the back pattern. If you add up all these 3/4″ increases, it’ll equal 3″ added total. Hope that’s not too confusing. It’s a really cute dress and I’d love to see it when you finish. 🙂