Book Promo Banner
Reply To: Burda Pattern #108 Culottes- Mag issue 12/2014

Reply To: Burda Pattern #108 Culottes- Mag issue 12/2014

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Burda Pattern #108 Culottes- Mag issue 12/2014 Reply To: Burda Pattern #108 Culottes- Mag issue 12/2014

the_professors_assistant
Keymaster

Oh no, that’s so sad! 🙁 I’m sure you’re not the first person to have done this. Well, now you know not to iron it. As far as cutting out patterns, I would lay it all out on a big table or surface area, so that none of it is hanging off the table. If it’s hanging off, it’ll probably stretch it and then you might not get an accurate cut. I wouldn’t try to stretch it out as you try and pin your patterns to it, the crinkles should just be lying naturally. The best way to get accurate fabric pieces is to probably use a rotary cutter so that you’re not pulling on it in anyway. If you want to press seams open, just press them over with your fingers instead of a iron. I once worked with silky gold fabric that was pre-pleated and I just handled it very delicately. You’re not going to get any crisp edges or seams, but that fabric is more ideal for flowy styles anyways. good luck!